Foam Therapy Rollers
Foam rollers are fitness tools that are useful for relieving adhesions and improving balance. Adhesions are knots in the muscles. By using a foam roller to apply pressure to the muscles, it can work out knots just like pressure during a deep tissue massage.
Foam rollers come in different shapes and sizes. Generally, they are 18 to 36 inches long and 3 inches in diameter.
The benefits of using foam rollers
Foam rollers are a great addition to your existing fitness gear. They provide several benefits, including:
- Improved flexibility
- Reduced muscle tension
- Enhanced circulation
- Faster recovery from workouts
They can also help you prevent injuries and feel more relaxed overall.
Things to consider when choosing a foam roller
The key things you need to consider when choosing a therapy foam roller are:
- Density — A soft therapy foam roller made with moulded foam is ideal for beginners, while a firm EVA foam roller that provides deeper muscle penetration is more suited to advanced users.
- Purpose — Different foam rollers serve different purposes and target different muscle groups, such as foot rollers and back rollers.
- Cost — The goal is to find one that strikes the perfect balance between price and features.
The different types of foam rollers
There are six basic types of foam rollers you can get for your foam roller therapy sessions:
- Standard foam rollers — Smooth and cylindrical, these are designed for general self-myofascial release and muscle recovery.
- Textured foam rollers — These have a ridged, knobbed or grooved surface designed to provide a deeper and more targeted massage for specific muscle groups.
- Grid foam rollers — With their grid-like combination of flat and raised surfaces, they provide varying levels of pressure to promote muscular tension relief.
- Half-round foam rollers — Semi-circular in shape, these are great for balance exercises and stretching.
- Vibrating foam rollers — These provide additional muscular tension relief through vibration.
- Travel foam rollers — Designed to be compact and collapsible, these rollers are perfect for taking with you on trips.
Shop premium foam rollers from Gym and Fitness today
Get the perfect foam roller for your needs from Gym and Fitness, one of Australia’s top fitness retailers. When you shop with us, you also enjoy: