Gym and Fitness together with Australian Fitness Supplies, are looking for an amazing Warehouse Supervisor to join our Warehouse Team working from Molendinar, Gold Coast. If you are looking for an opportunity to invest in an awesome team and have opportunities to grow and develop, keep on reading!
WHO ARE WE?
Gym and Fitness is one of Australia's largest fitness equipment e-commerce retailers, forming the retail arm of Australian Fitness Supplies. We have a team of 54 superstars and a driven and fun culture. Being suitable for the role is only half the challenge, we also need someone who will be a great cultural fit and share the same values! Here at GAF & AFS, we live and breathe our core values and purpose and believe in investing in our team and culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing staff, contractor planning, and scheduling on a weekly basis. This is to ensure the warehouse is kept well organised by maximising the pallet spacing with replenishment stock levels, and ensuring it meets WHS standards.
Maintain and manage safety standards throughout the warehouse and other nominated areas in which Warehouse personnel perform their work tasks
Ensure team members are trained in all appropriate activities
Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
Ensure the completion of appropriate safety documentation for high risk activities
- Ensure the warehouse team is meeting and exceeding their KPI’s, brand promises, and operating efficiently.
- Ensuring the heartbeat, culture, and core values of the business are evident in the warehouse team and appropriately responding to people or situations that are not in line with our values and escalating to the Supply Chain Manager and People and Culture Advisor as required.
- Organise and manage incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition
- Oversee on-time preparation of inventory to satisfy scheduled work routines.
- Coordinate the surveillance and investigation of stock shortages, damages to shipments, delivery of partial shipments, and resolve discrepancies by following up with vendors and freight companies and submitting appropriate paperwork.
- Identify opportunities to streamline inventory and work collaboratively with the Inventory Team
- Participate in the evaluation of the efficiency of existing equipment and make recommendations regarding the repair or replacement of equipment and the design and layout of warehouse facilities in order to maximize material handling efficiency and meet future technological warehouse needs.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements
- Assisting and execution of non-daily warehouse operations (e.g studio works, supplier sourcing, inventory management - stock takes, inventory control).
- Other duties as required
staff & contractor management
Making sure there is active management of shift/worker hours required based on inbound container, picks, and daily workload requirements.
Ensuring all staff and contractors have appropriate licenses to operate machinery as required
Ensuring all staff are cleared to perform manual handling tasks as required
- Ensuring HSE policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Consistently checking in with the Warehouse Team to ensure they are meeting and exceeding their KPI’s, brand promises, and operating efficiently.
- Assisting Supply Chain Manager in preparation of Daily huddles with the Warehouse Team and company updates.
- Responsible for the effective training and induction of new starters
- Performance management of direct reports ensuring high performance at all times and addressing underperformance swiftly with the support of the Supply Chain Manager
- Performance reviews with direct reports in line with company processes and expectations
- Regular review of Officevibe results to optimise culture within your team / department
- Managing team sick and annual leave requirements, including ensuring they are logged in the leave management system
- Creating shifts and approving timesheets fortnightly on Friday before payroll is administered
- Encourage, uplift, and coach team members
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Forklift ticket along with experience picking and packing, dealing with oversize freight, coordination of container unloading
- Current first-aid certificate and course completion documentation
- Scissor lift license
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done, spending time on the WH floor to ensure instructions are executed and standard maintained.
- Strong listening skills to assess staff needs to help develop appropriate solutions
- Understanding of personnel management principles, practices, and procedures
- Organisational and time leadership skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime, evenings and/or weekends
- Knowledge of procedures and practices pertaining to warehousing, inventory control, and materials distribution
- Set example for the warehouse team in areas of personal character, commitment, organisational skills, work habits (core values), and standard operating procedures
- Sound computing and investigatory skills
- Experience with Google Suite, Gmail, Skype, Netsuite
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative, and able to easily adapt to rapid changes in an ever-changing industry. You will be outgoing and communicative by nature, able to build strong relationships with customers and influencers bringing a genuine customer service mentality as you engage with them. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, thrive in creative problem solving, and have a real passion for written and visual communication. In return, you’ll enjoy a role that has a real ability to make an impact, where your ideas and thoughts are not only welcomed, they are encouraged!
A QUICK NOTE
Slackers and sliders do not fit the mould at GAF or AFS. Please bring your bag full of energy, enthusiasm, and undeniably tough work ethic with you if you want to apply! A good sense of humor is a must and you will need to bring your smile daily! We are too busy having fun and hustling hard to get caught up in office politics and internal mind games.