Gym and Fitness, together with Australian Fitness Supplies, are looking for an outstanding, results-driven and passionate Sales Manager working from our Head Office in Prospect, South Australia.
WHO ARE WE?
Gym and Fitness is one of Australia's largest fitness equipment e-commerce retailers, forming the retail arm of Australian Fitness Supplies. We have a team of 60 superstars and a driven and fun culture. Being suitable for the role is only half the challenge; we also need someone who will be a great cultural fit and share the same values! Here at GAF & AFS, we live and breathe our core values and purpose, and believe in investing in our team and culture.
What you’ll do
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is to oversee the sales performance at Gym and Fitness. This entails day to day, weekly, and monthly sales operations and performance. You will be required to lead a group of Salespeople to meet or exceed company goals for profitable revenue growth.
- Ensure the Gym and Fitness sales team are consistently improving and delivering on budget
- Hold weekly group sales meetings and individual one-on-one meetings with sales team members
- Generate high quality leads for the sales team through networking and business development
- Develop and maintain a high performing sales team
- Responsible for monitoring sales team performance, with a strong focus on increasing sales while maintaining a strong gross profit
- Develop and set targets with individual sales team members
- Establish regular communications involving sales reports, weekly sales meetings, weekly one-on-ones, and sales presentations as required
- Monitoring the performance of the sales team and KPIs using the appropriate tools that are available
- Ensure the sales team are being effective in generating their own leads and sales through referrals or other outbound initiatives
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers or clients.
- Proactively pursue new business and sales opportunities that can be funneled down to sales team members
- Provide or arrange relevant training for the sales team. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sales Skills and Techniques
- Product knowledge (AFS and Third Party)
- Company procedures and systems
- Unite the team: Ensure reps work as a positive unit and share best practices with the wider group
- Be intentional around building a culture of teamwork and high performance
- Keep updated with current industry trends, competitors, and sales skills while sharing insights with your team and other departments (eg management, marketing, and product team) as required
- Set a good example for the team. Work according to company culture and values, prioritise ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Other duties as required
- Oversee direct reports in line with organisational structure
- Responsible for effective training and induction of new starters
- Conduct fortnightly (minimum) one-on-ones with direct reports
- Performance management of direct reports ensuring high performance at all times and addressing under-performance swiftly with the support of People and Culture
- Create and manage Employee Development Plans with each direct report, with the support of People and Culture
- Performance reviews with direct reports in line with company processes and expectations
- Regular review of Officevibe results to optimise culture within your team / department
- Consistent review of KPI’s and team performance in line with Job Descriptions and Balanced Scorecards
- Managing team sick and annual leave requirements, including ensuring they are logged in the leave management system
- Approval of timesheets fortnightly on Friday before payroll is administered
- Encourage, uplift, and coach team members under your management
What you’ll have
- Certificate IV in Fitness or equivalent
- 5+ years previous experience in a sales management role
- A proven sales management background, within the fitness industry being preferable
- The ability to manage, mentor, coach and develop sales professionals
- Excellent customer and supplier relationship management skills
- A "hands on" approach
- A sound technical knowledge of the industry, products and sales skills
- Excellent time management, presentation and communication skills
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative, and able to easily adapt to rapid changes in an ever-changing industry. You will be outgoing and communicative by nature, able to build strong relationships with customers and influencers bringing a genuine customer service mentality as you engage with them. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, thrive in creative problem solving, and have a real passion for written and visual communication. In return, you’ll enjoy a role that has a real ability to make an impact, where your ideas and thoughts are not only welcomed, they are encouraged!
A QUICK NOTE
Slackers and sliders do not fit the mould at Gym and Fitness. Please bring your bag full of energy, enthusiasm, and undeniably tough work ethic with you if you want to apply! A good sense of humor is a must and you will need to bring your smile daily! We are too busy having fun and hustling hard to get caught up in office politics and internal mind games. If this sounds like a planet you want to be a part of, spread your wings and hit that apply button right now!